Sunday, March 24, 2013

Style Over 50: The Colorful Jeans Show

Women's True Slim Chinos  - Velvet Orange, 14

I am sooo ready for spring and all its gorgeous colors – emerald, yellow, purple, pink. A few brave crocuses have popped out. But, alas, Old Man Winter won’t release us Northeasterners from his grip. It snowed last Saturday and again Tuesday night. Thursday was windy with snowy flurries all day. Grrr! What’s a girl to do? Well, if she lives in New York, she could go to the Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Gardens for a dose of spring colors.

Last Saturday, my sister and I went to the Orchid Show. Did you know there are over 30,000 varieties of orchids? The NYBG does a fantastic job, displaying a sample of orchids from around the world. Though I’ve seen the show numerous times, I’m always filled with a renewed sense of awe and complete and utter joy. Mother Nature is quite the master of design! In fact, I’ve often thought that if I were a designer, I would take inspiration from her orchids.



Well, I'm not a designer, but I am a gal who likes to infuse Nature's colors and patterns into her wardrobe. This spring, there's another colorful show going on in store and online--the Colored Jeans Show. (How's that for a segue?) Jeans and slacks in bold orchid-like colors and patterns are everywhere. Take, for instance, the Women's True Slim Chinos - Velvet Orange, 14 (was $60, now $29.99. In 4 colors and 8 sizes) at the top of this post. It reminds me a bit of the "Orange Sugar" orchid above. For this post, I've put together a sample of orchids and jeans. Clearly, the jeans can't compete with the orchid's beauty, but I'm pretty excited about all these bold colored bottoms. To continue, click...
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment