Saturday, March 9, 2013

Skirt Alert: Dare to Flare

Jones New York Graphic Print Pleated Skirt (Green, Size 14)


A while back, a Flattering50 reader commented: "I'd like to see more skirts that aren't pencil, full or maxi-length." She noted that she liked one of my flared skirts in the post because it was "nice without being voluminous." I was thrilled to get the comment because I've been thinking the same way. I'm under 5'5" and find a typical "full skirt" overwhelms me with too much volume. And while I'm very fond of my pencil skirts, they shout "office work" to me. A flared or A-lined skirt is a comfortable and fun style for casual activities. (Though, most flared skirts can be styled for work as well.)

I've been reading that the flared skirt is a trend this spring. So...I poked around the web to see what I could find. I'm happy to report I found a nice assortment of flared and A-lined skirts hemmed around the knee or just above--perfect for women over 50. Take, for instance, the Jones New York Graphic Print Pleated Skirt (Green, Size 14) ($119) above. Click "Read More" below to see the other skirts I found.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment