Sunday, March 17, 2013

Casual Dressing Over 50: 6 Easy Pieces

Casual Dressing Over 50: Six Easy Pieces



Recently, a Flattering50 reader emailed and said, "I need ideas for casual dressing. What to wear on Saturdays other than jeans?" I had to smile because I struggled with the casual dressing over 50 dilemma last fall. At the time, My Wardrobe Breakdown looked like this...
85% office-work clothes
10% domestic-chores clothes
5% miscellaneous (ie, a couple of dressy dresses and swimsuits)

I had no nice casual clothes for weekends in my wardrobe. If I wanted to look nice for a day or evening out with my husband and/or friends, I tried to dress down my work clothes. Ugh! Then, last October, my husband and I were having dinner with friends before a concert. It was a Tuesday night and I'd run home after work to change into one of my "dressed down" work outfits. At dinner, a male friend said to me: "I guess you came straight from work." For some reason, the innocent comment was a style wake up call. It was time to invest in a few garments for casual activities. To continue, click...
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment