Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Still Learning: Lace in the Workplace?



Last August, I bought a lace skirt at Ann Taylor (above). I'd just been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the "Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations” exhibit and was in the mood for a new fall skirt. (I'm always in the mood for a new skirt when I look at Prada clothing!) I loved the Ann Taylor skirt's beige lining, which made the lace stand out, and its fun flounce (see below). The thing is, as I perused my closet last weekend, looking for something to wear, I came upon the lace skirt and realized--to my dismay--that I had only worn it three times since August. I'd worn it on Thanksgiving and to a couple of December parties--that's all. The skirt seemed too dressy for most casual activities. Saturday night, I wore it out to dinner and to the theater. And I'm determined to wear it a few more times before I put it away till next fall. So...I've been wondering: Can I wear a lace skirt to work?



To continue, click...
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment