Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Style Over 50: Slacks and the Evening Wedding

Style Over 50: Slacks and the Evening Wedding



Recently, a Flattering50 reader emailed me and wrote: “I'm going to a NY spring evening wedding. And my legs are pale, fat and blotchy. Are there fancy pants that would be appropriate? Can I still wear tights?” Thanks for the great questions! Since the first question focuses on “fancy pants,” I’m going to assume the upcoming wedding is a relatively formal affair and not, say, a clam bake wedding at the beach. And since the words "black tie optional" weren't used, I'll assume the wedding isn't one of those. With that in mind, my short answer is: Yes, you can wear fancy pants to an evening wedding.

These days, I wouldn’t say “anything goes” at an evening wedding, but there is a lot of style “wiggle room.” You’ll find guests at evening weddings in New York dressed in a wide variety of cocktail dresses, both skirt suits and pant suits, and, yes, even slacks. For a few ideas about wearing pants to a wedding, click “Read More” below. And scroll down for a thought or two on wearing tights to a wedding.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment