Tuesday, February 26, 2013

10 Fun Facts About...Vera Wang


Photo credit: Joyce Culver


I've admired Vera Wang, 63, for a long time. I've read about her editorial beginnings at Vogue, her work with Ralph Lauren and the opening of her first bridal shop. I’ve admired her collections, from the confectionery wedding gowns to the stream-lined women's clothing. This spring, I love her dresses in emerald and gold, her use of old-timey prints in rich China blues, and her printed tunics with matching (bicycle?) shorts. What I hadn’t realized, however, was that the over 50 designer is very affable and funny in person. Last Tuesday, I heard her speak at the 92 Street Y in New York City. During a lively conversation with fashion industry expert Fern Mallis, 64, Vera was candid and very entertaining. Click "Read More" for some fun facts about Vera Wang…
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment