Monday, January 7, 2013

Style Over 50: Look Back at Favorite 2012 Trends




During the last days of December, a lot of bloggers were looking back, reflecting on the events and trends of 2012. It looked like fun, but I was still consumed by the holidays and the related hubbub. Now that life has calmed down a little, I thought I'd look back at my favorite 2012 fashion trends.

As a woman over 50, I don't feel desperate to replicate what's in vogue at the moment. I'm so past being a slave to fashion--like by 40 years! Instead, I wear what I like--what flatters my body shape and makes me feel good. That said, I do like to incorporate bits and pieces from the current trends. The trends help breathe new life into my over 50 look. I get tired of wearing the same clothing styled the same way. Naturally, I pick and choose what trends to follow. Last spring's bare middriff look wasn't under consideration, for example. Instead, my over 50  style is more about giving a subtle nod to the trends.

Take, for instance, the 2012 emphasis on bright colors--red, orange, yellow, purple. Last spring, I counted three trench coats, each a slightly different shade of beige, in my coat closet. In April I just couldn't face them and bought a bright colored trench (above). It gave me a whole new attitude about those April showers. Click "Read More" below to see my other favorite 2012 trends and leave me a comment with yours. Thanks.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment